Tuesday, July 14, 2009

One Happy Little Homemaker

I'm one happy little homemaker. I am so stinking excited. For those who don't HATE, DESPISE, DREAD (I can't think of any other words to describe it) cleaning the showers and tub. I was so excited when we built our home because I thought I would have a clean slate. We moved into our home the day I got home from the hospital after having C. Imagine my suprise when after about a week I walked into the girls bathroom and pulled the shower curtain back and saw the tub and shower walls were YELLOW. So being the little homemaker I was I pulled out the Lysol bathroom cleaning stuff and set to work cleaning the tub. To my horror after and hour later it didn't even look like I had even been in there. Being older and wise now we have finally discovered that the YELLOW is Iron Sulfate and that stuff don't come off. Over the past year my stash of bathroom cleaner has and still does include: 409, every product Lysol makes, Chlorox Bleach bathroom stuff, Cholorox non bleach bathroom stuff, Soft Scrub, Comit, SOS Scrubbing Pads, and pretty much every product on the cleaning aisle at Kent's and at Wal-Mart. And the only thing that even starts to work is the SOS Pads. But it still leaves quite a bit still on the tub and shower. The really depressing thing is when you rinse the shower and tub back off from "the sort of cleaning job" the water puts the Iron Sulfate right back on it.

At YW Camp last week I was talking to the Priesthood Leader and his wife that live in our ward who had built a new house a couple years ago. I knew they had had some problem with sulfer and iron sulfate. Their daughter had rode up to camp with me and she had said that they found something that worked for them. I asked them and they told me to go to the Don Aslett store in Logan and get this cleaner called Shower-N-Stuff. I picked it up yesterday and for the first time - this is where I became the happy little homemaker - I cleaned the showers and tub and it took less than 5 minutes to clean and they are CLEAN!!!!! I sprayed the stuff on there and it pretty much melted off. I scrub it clean and I was so excited to show J when he got home from work. He was pretty impressed at how clean it got it. Yay!!!! I know, I know... I am such a nerd :)

No comments: