Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Excitement in Beaver Dam

We had an exciting day here in Beaver Dam. Fire trucks and all. Our poor neighbors Warner and Jerri Fisher. If it weren't for bad luck they'd probably not have much luck at all. A couple years ago some teenage punk was out getting blitzed all night and was driving around Beaver Dam with his girly friend at 8:00 am on a Saturday morning (and if I remember right it was about the 4th of July timeframe). He was going a little fast around the corner and hit Randy Bowen's gravel and narrowly missed the creek but shot through Warner and Jerri's little field and into their carport which by chance they were not sitting under at the time. Normally they are under it. So back to today. I notice a fire over there along the creek and I thought I wonder if Warner knows about it. I figured he did so I just kept doing my thing. I looked up and it was getting quite big and was about engulfing a tree. But Warner was out there so I just figured it was alright. I was sitting on the computer a little later when I looked out and saw flashing lights....ding, ding, ding... you guessed it... the Fire Department had showed up along with quite a few Beaver Dam on lookers. Poor Warner... I might have to make some more bread and take it over to them.

No comments: