Sunday, October 19, 2008

It's been a couple weeks... (10/6/08)

It has been a couple weeks since I last wrote. Almost two weeks ago I was able to leave my job to be a stay-at-home mom and wife. It has been a wonderful blessing for me to be able to spend time with the kids and to take care of the house. It is even staying clean!! We seem to not eat out as much either because I am able to think of what to cook, cook it and stay home to eat. Maybe we'll become a little less substantial (lose a little weight) by not eating out so much.

Cash is growing and smiling and talking. It is so wonderful to have a little person in the house. The girls absolutely adore him. Joe thinks he is pretty darn neat also. It is actually pretty funny that when Joe is holding him and trying to get him to talk or smile and Cash looks at him seriously. As soon as I pick him up and start talking to him he starts cooing and talking and smiling. Poor Joe.... But at least one of the kids like me for a moment. He had Oaklie from day one and he finally got my little buddy McCall to move over to his side too. So for the time being I get Cash and we'll talk and smile and make Joe jealous that he can't get Cash to do it as well as I can.

My little cowgirls have been riding Black Beauty and Bullet. They have gotten so they want to ride Black Beauty by "themselves." She is such a good old horse and they have to kick a lot to keep her going but she has so far been really gentle with them. I am not brave enough to let them ride Bullet by themselves yet. So I lead them around on him.
On Friday, October 3rd Oaklie's school had a Cowboy Day. She got to dress up in her cowgirl clothes and her hat. We went over to the school and McCall participated also. They got to see a working sheep dog, a museum of bridles, spurs, and bits, they got to see someone spin wool, they met Miss Rodeo Utah and the National High School Rodeo Queen, they pulled a ribbon off a goats tail (like goat tying), and they ran poles and barrels. They thought it was pretty cool. I think that McCall thought she fit right in at kindergarten.

Oaklie and McCall before Cowboy Day at the school.

Over the weekend we took care of things around the house. Joe finally hung some pictures for me. Yay! We also watched conference. All in all it has been a wonderful couple weeks.

No comments: