Sunday, October 19, 2008

Busy Week

We have had an extremely busy week this week.

On Monday, we received word that my Aunt Corey had passed away. She had been battling cancer. It brought back many memories of my aunt and also of my mom's family and of my Grandma's old house in Fielding. Each time I take Oaklie to school I can see my Grandma's old house and it brings back many many memories.

On Tuesday night we took the kids to the magician at Oaklie's school. It was really fun and interesting. I have no clue how they pull off those tricks. The kids were all mesmerized by the tricks. McCall thinks that she is now a magician and make things disappear and reappear. All she needs is a cloth or a blanket, the item she is making disappear and a willing audience member to close their eyes while she is making it disappear. Pretty cute!

Wednesday, we had to take the Jeep into the dealer to get worked on. They let me borrow a sweet Honda Pilot. It was very tempting to buy but I think we have become cheapskates. I don't want another payment - so I will keep driving my Jeep that is falling apart but it is paid for! Oaklie went to a little Halloween party after school at Jake Butler's house. She dressed up in her witch costume she wore last year. She had a ball. And since she was dressing up, McCall had to get into the action too! She put her witch costume on too. The girls went with me to Young Womens. We watched the Nightmare before Christmas. The girls thought it was pretty fun to go with me to my meeting. Cash and Joe went up and visited Garth. Joe said that action wasn't going to be left out on any conversations and he started "talking (aka cooing) up a storm. I think that it makes Garth's day when Joe and the kids go up for a visit. Oaklie and McCall had UEA break so they did not have school on Thursday or Friday.

On Thursday I went to go get my hair done before the viewing so Joe's mom and sisters took the girls for me. I whacked my hair off and I really do like it. I am still getting used to fixing it, but I am starting to get the hang of it. Joe, Cash and I went to the viewing. I have to admit it was harder than I thought it would be.

On Friday, Joe went up to Desert Land and Livestock to shoot his cow elk. He had a great time. He was the only cow tag holder up there th.e day before the opening of the deer hunt, so he pretty much got treated to the full guided elk hunt the guys with the bull elk tags get. The only difference was that he came home with a cow elk instead of a bull elk. The girls went to play at Grandma Maxfield's with some second cousins that had came up while Cash and I went to the funeral.

Saturday, Joe went with my dad, JC (my brother) and Dixon (my nephew) out west to go deer hunting. He said that they had a really fun time, but they didn't shoot anything. He got home around 9:45 pm. The kids actually slept in on Saturday morning, so I got a little extra shut eye. Joe's cousins from St. George came over to ride the horses. Black Beauty got pretty tired. Which surprises me cause she didn't do too much. Then the kids and I went with Joe's family to Logan to lunch then we went back to Joanie's house and hung out.

I think I am tired from our busy week.

No comments: