Sunday, October 19, 2008

Camping & More (9/21/08)






We have had a good week this week and a great weekend camping. Oaklie is enjoying school and loves learning. She actually loves playing outside during break even more. Each day I ask her what she liked doing the most that day and of course she says, "Playing outside!" So now I ask besides playing outside what did you like most. She is learning all sorts of cute songs. She is also learning some high frequency words so when we are reading I try to get her to read those words she has learned. I struggle because I don't enjoy reading as much as I should so I have a hard time sitting down for twenty minutes to read each day with her and McCall. McCall is loving preschool. She has so much fun. She goes to the preschool that she went to last year and Oaklie has been to for two years. Her teacher is awesome. Oaklie still wishes she could have taken Ms. Nicole with her to kindergarten. McCall got to have a sleep over with her Grandma and Grandpa Maxfield's on Monday night to have some one on one time with her grandparents and her aunt. She had so much fun. Cash is growing, growing, growing. I can hardly believe that he will be two months old in two days. It seems like when you are pregnant two months seems like forever to go by. But when they place that little angel in your arms the time starts flying. I look at Cash and remember when the girls were that little and now they have grown so much. I wish I could freeze time but I can't I just have to enjoy each and every day with them. Cash has the cutest smile and he is so strong it amazes me. We love snuggling him and loving him to pieces. He such a good little boy. Joe is still busy as ever and does a wonderful job running his business and coming home to take care of the family. I love him so much. He is a wonderful father, husband and best friend. Loves me in spite of all of my flaws (and heaven knows there are a lot of them).I have been loving being able to stay home with the kids the past eight and half weeks. They have brought me so much joy and yes frustration, too. But we are learning to work together to get past that frustration part. I am learning to be a more patient mom & person. I love my family so much!


This weekend we were able to go up Logan Canyon to Temple Fork. We had a ball. I think you could say that we are making it an annual outing in the fall. This year was even better because we had our little addition Cash to come along. He is a great little camper. We also bought a Polaris Ranger a couple weeks ago so we could all go with when we went four-wheeling. It was so much fun. My dad came up on Saturday and we went to Old Ephraim's Grave and clear around the canyon and then back to camp. We did try to "roll" the Ranger once which scared the dickens out of me. And we sort of lost dad but we found him. The girls enjoyed taking turns riding with dad. Dad showed the girls choke cherries. Oaklie and McCall loved them. The also loved picking all the colorful leaves. Sunday we went for a drive for of course choke cherries and more leaves. The beautiful fall colors are amazing. What a beautiful world our Father in heaven created for us! We arrived safely home. What a great end to the week!

No comments: