Saturday, October 18, 2008

How 'Bout Them Cowgirls (9/15/08)





We have been horse borrowers for offically one week now. Joe said we had to wait until we had our own house which has taken place and said that I had to take care of them. I am not particularly looking forward to the winter. I won't like hauling warm water out to them in the winter and treading through the snow, but it will be well worth it. The girls love the horses so much. We are borrowing Black Beauty from my brother and sister-in-law and we are borrowing Bullet from Grandma Call. Last Monday I told the girls that they had to wait until Dad got home before they could ride because I needed someone to take care of Cash. Oaklie saw Joe driving into the driveway and went and got her cowgirl clothes on. Not just any cowgirl clothes she had her long sleeve show shirt, Wranglers, boots, belt and buckle and to top off the perfect outfit she had her cowgirl hat from preschool last year. She was adorable. She was so cute. She ran outside and her and Joe started doing chores. I snuck out to catch a few pictures but of course she saw me and started cheesing it up with her little grin. As I was walking away she looked at Joe so sincerely and said "Daddy, do I look like a real cowgirl?" It was adorable. The crack up is that she has shown at the county fair three times now so she has been a real cowgirl before, but I guess you just need the horses to go along with it.

No comments: