Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Call Family Reunion at Whitney Resevoir

Whitney Resevoir....it's like a little slice of heaven... Maybe thats why we love it up there so much.  The first weekend of August we head on up there for my Call Family Reunion.  We have a ton of fun up at Whitney each year and boy howdy this year did not disappoint.  From just plain camping, to being around family, to playing horseshoes, trap shoots, fishing, eating, kiddos having a ball, cool air (this year it was pretty darn cool too...cool enough that we wore sweatshirts all weekend long!), pinatas and just plain having fun.  I am grateful J was able to take an extra day off work and we headed up on Thursday night and were the last ones to pull out on Sunday afternoon.  We love Whitney!!!


One great thing about this year was that C seemed to really enjoy playing with others and didn't have the little fits we seem to have at home and nursery.  He SHARED SHARED SHARED!!!  C, TJ and Kiari had a ball playing together and sharing.  LOVE IT!
My neices and nephew came up with my parents and it was awesome having them there.  They are such good kiddos and we love them so much!  My girlies think the WORLD of them and I wouldn't have it any other way.  Kiari attached to Josie and was her little best buddy all weekend long.  I thought Josie would get a little tired of playing with the little kids but she didn't!  C followed her and Mercedes around all day long too!  Dixon played with C so cute.  I think he is happy C is finally big enough to play with him.  It makes me happy too!

My little O is quite the lil' fisherwoman.  The little stink was the only one in our little family that caught any fish and she caught THREE.  M was quite dismayed at her lack of ability to catch a fish.  Needless to say her fishing consisted of a lot of "talkin' to (such as quit whinning and bawling and start having fun)."  I think Josie was a little disappointed too.  But believe me it wasn't for the lack of trying.  One night I think she had about four pull on her line but by the time she "pulled" it in there wasn't anything there.  C...well...he is just happy playing with the powerbait bottle!

J brought home the trophy from the trapshoot...25 out of 25. ...Yep, people he is a dang good trap shot... Guess I need to but that to good use and get him in some big competition to make a little moolah!



I know that my Grandma's favorite part of the weekend was that all eight of her children were there.  That has not happened in a long long long long time.  It was beautiful watching her be so proud (I don't even think that is the right word to explain in...) of the fact all her beautiful, wonderful children were there.  She told me several times that she couldn't of been happier of all of her posterity.  She is a wonderful woman, mother, grandmother, great-grandmother.  We sure love you and Grandpa!!!!  We took some photos of Grandpa and Grandma with their children.  Very special!



No comments: