Monday, August 31, 2009

1st Day of School

I am really excited that school started today. I will be very very glad to be able to get the family back on a schedule. O is entering the 1st Grade. She has Mrs. Perry. She was excited to be able to have lunch at school. M is entering into Kindergarten and she is in the all day class. She has Mrs. Baker. She said she loved lunch and they had quiet time and she said she got to meet some cute new friends. I took them to school this morning and dropped them off. I have to say I did shed a couple tears as me and C walked back to the car. You see when O went to kindergarten, I was just barely on Maternity Leave from having C and I was use to dropping her off at day care all day so it wasn't really that big of adjustment to not have her right there. M on the other hand had been my little helper all year long last year. She helped take care of C and while sometimes she is rough, she normally does have good intentions. She would talk with me nonstop and would be my little nap buddy. So I am a little sad she has moved on to big and better things and has left her little mommy behind. But at the same time excited that she is growing, developing and learning new things.

Here are some pictures of them before we left for school:


Now it is just me and my boy at home. I am not quite as entertaining as the girls. He was grumpy from waking up early and let's just say he took a good nap this afternoon. I was able to get some homework done though so that was nice. When he woke up he just wanted to be held nonstop. But then he found the dog and they entertained each other. Him and I were pretty darn excited to see the girls when they got home. They instantly picked him up and started playing with him. What good sisters he has.

2 comments:

tallgirl said...

wow did you ever think that would happen to the nanny girl????? So glad you are having so much fun as a mom!!! I knew you would be so good at it!!! take care ww

Stephanie said...

How come I haven't seen a place to leave comments on here in awhile? Those sure are some cute girls on their first day of school. I love the skirts.