Wednesday, October 14, 2009

SEP Conferences

SEP Conferences were this afternoon for both girls. I know that they have been working really hard on their homework and trying their best so I wasn't too surprised to find out that both girls are doing really well in school so far. O has Mrs. Perry this year and boy I don't remember learning how to spell and read in 1st Grade, but O is. She works very hard each night on her spelling words and her homework. Even if it is really hard and she doesn't want to she still gets it done. She has gotten four or five 100% on her spelling test and this past time she got 9/10. Which I am so proud of her for giving her best effort and practicing at night and doing her best. The first time she got 100% I told her that was awesome that she had got a 100%, but most of all it was more awesome she tried her hardest. She has always been a good little student. But we are so happy that she is doing so well. She has branched out a little and met some new friends which is wonderful. She has been watching out for her little sis. Yesterday M was running to get the mail after school and fell face first into a dried mud puddle. I looked out the window to see O picking her sister up and brushing her off. As they were walking down the lane, O was holding M's hand and telling her it would be alright. Poor M had landed right on her nose. It was all muddy. I was so proud of O for helping M and looking out for her.

M has Mrs. Baker this year and what a wonderful perfect little fit. They go so well together. M is loving school so much. I was hoping she would be in all day because it seems like she has a harder time learning (or maybe just she learns differently than O). When they called to say she was in all day, I got nervous then and was a little sad that my girl was growing up. But she has done wonderfully in school. After about the first week I saw great improvement in her handwriting when she was writing her name. She is so stinking excited to get homework and she is the first to jump up to the counter and start her homework. Mrs. Baker said she is doing so good and she is such a good little leader on her table. M has met so many nice little friends. Which is such a great thing since their isn't any girls her age around in our little community. Her closest friend Mrs. Baker says is a twin to M. She said they look just alike and if she isn't paying attention closely she'll call them by the wrong name. I've seen the girl and oh my, if everyone in the world has a twin somewhere M's sits in back of her in all day kindergarten. She is learning to behave better on the bus. I think she has a permenant seat up front now. But she's learning.

It's exciting to see them grow, learn and develop.

No comments: