Wednesday, February 4, 2009

San Diego - Day 3


For Day 3, we had been told to check out this restaurant called Kono's Surf Grill or something to that nature. It was Monday morning and by the time we got over there it was about 9:30 am. I don't mean to offend anybody from California - but I don't think they work over there. It seemed like everyone and their dog were out strolling around and eating breakfast and su rfing. Heck here by that time J has several good hours of work in and I am chasing the kids around by that time. Anyways, we waited about 45 mins to get our food. It was to die for. We ordered the Big Breakfast #2 - it came with the kind of hashbrowns made out of baked potatoes, green peppers, onions and cheese, it came with scrambled eggs, english muffin, french toast that was to die for and I think something else but oh my heavens it was good and no I don't think either of us finished it. Needless to say, that is where we ate on Tuesday morning too!

We decided we needed a day of relaxation and no agenda, so we went to the beach and hung out. The girls loved it. I think J loved it too other than the water was a little cold. M ended up by me and C. She played in the sand a lot and would run back and forth in and out of the ocean. O loved the ocean and liked having J pull her up before the tide came in. J said the ocean water was pretty darn salty. After the ocean we went back and swam at the resort some more. We wanted to see the sunset on the ocean on last time and I wanted some sunset pictures so we headed back to the beach for the evening. I cracked up with the couple that shows up in the pictures. For a minute I thought I should have taken their engagement pics. Not. From there we then went out to this restaurant called World Famous. It was delicious and was a good end of the vacation meal. We then again went swimming in the hot tubs at the resort that evening. The pictures of the kids asleep is what happens when you have been running like crazy for three days trying to see everything and do everything and have a wonderful time on top of it all. They all crashed pretty darn hard. It was hard coming home.... we walked out of the SLC airport to 35 degrees and it was about 20 degrees at our house. I think we were all ready to hop back on down to that warm weather in San Diego!
Thanks honey for the trip. You work so hard to provide for our little family and we appreciate everything you do. I couldn't have asked for a better little family vacation and getting to spend time together!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

next time tell Joe to get a tan before you take pictures of him. I'm blinded. ha ha