Monday, May 24, 2010

Bucket Calves and the Horses

Bucket Calves
O and M got Bucket Calves. O is really the only one old enough to show it at the fair but we figured two was probably better than one. So we got M a calf too! Unfortunately M's calf ended up getting really sick and died. (And of course I waited to take a picture and now we have not picture of him and her.) We will have to get her another one when we get back from Montana. Here is a picture of O with her calf that is really starting to chunk up! He is getting to be a little chubby calf!


Horses
Since we lost Bubba, we have been looking for a replacement. Bubba wasn't the world's best horse, but he was good for our little family and was good for J. Since then we bought a couple horses in the last week. We picked up Chip (the sorrel gelding) after a horse sale and we got Roanie (the blue roan mare) the next day from a gal in Pocatello. Chip is a 7-year old gelding. I actually ended up knowing the people we picked him up from. He is really level headed and he loves to be loved. He has been a great horse so far. I took him up on the mountain and he was a little startley but with some work I think we can get him over it. He is pretty tall and given I don't got the body proportions that I use to have...it is a loooong ways up there to get on. The more I ride him the more I really really like him. Roanie is 14-years old. She is quite the little mare. She is really short. O really didn't enjoy riding much until we got her and now we cannot get her off of Roanie! I think we made some good purchases and that these horses are going to be great for our family!

No comments: