Thursday, June 11, 2009

Grateful for the ability to fight

Today we ran to Logan to do a little grocery shopping. After I decided to take the kids to the Fun Park to run around on the big toy thing they have there. For the first time I realized that I am thankful for our abilities to fight. I know that sounds weird, but as the kids were playing I noticed that there were alot of kids there with special needs. I think they were on a field trip or something. I know that I have been very blessed to have healthy kids but as I watched and was holding C and he was wiggling, fighting me, trying to get down and whining I had to stop and think how thankful I am that he (and the girls) can wiggle, fight, and whine at me. I know that those children with special needs have such strong spirits even if they can't physically/mentally be strong. I know that we are very blessed to have our children and have them for the most part be healthy and happy. Now I am going to go help them fold the laundry and I am sure they will probably fight me tooth and nail but this time I am going to be thankful for it.

No comments: