Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Christmas 2008






We had a wonderful Christmas. Christmas Eve we went to Grandma and Grandpa Call's for our annual Christmas Party. The kids have so much fun with their cousins and their grandparents spoil them rotten. Along with spoiling me and Joe too of course! It is so fun when we all get together. Mom had the kids serving us dinner it was way cute.

I had made the girls big quilts for their beds. Joe's mom helped me and the Oaklie was sure she was going to get a blanket. I had to tease her and tell her that she really wasn't and it was bear. But when they opened them they were exstatic. It was great.

My parents came out for breakfast on Christmas morning and to see what presents they got. With the snow storm we got we didn't head into Joe's parents until about 2:30 p.m. It was nice laying around watching it the kids excitment and playing with their presents. We then headed to town to his parents for lunch and to open presents. The family too spoiled everyone. Then we headed home in the snow storm. The usual 15 min drive took us about an hour to get home. It has been wonderful having Christmas in our new house.
We did keep reminding the kids that Christmas is not about the presents. That it is about Christ and his birth. I am deeply indebt to him for the sacrafice he made on my and my families behalf. I know that it is only through him we can return to our Father in Heaven. I love this time of year and I love my family so much!

No comments: