Saturday, June 20, 2009

Island Park

Dang JC and Steph have a ton of kids.... j/k half are ours

We went to Island Park with my family and had a ball. The kids were in seventh heaven because they got to play with their cousins non stop for three days. We ate great food. Put a ton of miles on the Ranger, 4-Wheeler and the UTV thing that my brother and sister-in-law brought up that I can't remember the name of. We almost rode from Island Park down to Mesa Falls but when the trail went around an old train tunnel and it looked like the Ranger wasn't going to fit I got sacredy cat and wouldn't let J take it around cause I thought it was going to roll. The next day we set out and rode to West Yellowstone. It was a lot of fun. I think that my family probably thinks I am a overprotective parent that is sacred of everything, but I guess I am. When they were doing crazy little tricks with the kids on the UTV and 4-Wheelers I got kind of nervous. We made it to West Yellowstone and watched the Yellowstone movie at the IMAX. When we got out it was a down pour. After a few minutes it quit raining so we ran out and got moving back to Island Park. The rain held off the whole way home. My girls looked like they had gotten chicken pox because it was mosquito valley in Island Park. I know this doesn't sound possible but I think there were more mosquitos there than in Thatcher. Go figure. Sunday we cleaned up and headed home. J had asked the girls if they wanted to go on a field trip. They said sure so he was going to head home through Yellowstone and then go through Jackson Hole. About 10 miles up the road M reminded her dad that he was going to take them to Bear World so we turned around and headed back to Rexburg. We did stop to see Mesa Falls and then made the trip to Bear World. All J wanted to see during the trip was a bear, but the closest we got to a bear was at Bear World. The kids loved it and C thought the baby bears were dogs. He kept saying Dah. Which he says when ever he sees a dog. Poor C was tired though by the time we got back in the Tahoe and he was not too happy to be sitting again in his carseat.

The biggest crack up was all we want to see were some wild life. We did see an antelope but that is not so cool. We get home and I was reading a bed time story to the girls when I heard J yelling at us. I couldn't figure out what was wrong. We ran outside and I'll be darned there was a moose running through our field in our backyard. Crazy huh!


Of course I was not fast enough to get the pic when she was on our property, this is the field next door she jump over the fence and was headed south. I think it was the same moose they caught two days later walking down Washington Blvd in Ogden.

No comments: